Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bethadilly Challenge Day 6

 Day 6 {Calm}

Also taken outside of the library, I sense a theme :)

I was at the library picking this up...


So funny story, I had already gotten the book on CD from the library a few days earlier and had been listening to it in my car during my commute to work.  I requested both the book and CD and figured I would just take whichever came in first. 

But then I was like forget that noise, I want both.  (I do what I want.)

Seriously though, listening to the book on CD was a little confusing, it was hard to tell who was talking or even if they were saying something out loud or just thinking it.  So I figured I would go back and re-read (or at least skim to the good parts.)  It was also convenient when I got to almost the end and it was Friday and I probably wasn’t going to have a chance to listen the whole weekend, so I just read the rest :)

I loved the story though.  I spent a ridiculous amount of time sitting in my car so I could keep listening (when I should have been working).  Made up excuses to drive places by myself (you know, I have to go do that thing and that other thing, I’ll be right back!)  Had inexplicable happy feelings that could only be attributed to my love of this book.  Unfortunately after I finished the book I read some reviews on Goodreads and now I have lost all faith in humanity (I can be dramatic too!).  There are a lot of good reviews; the average star rating is 4.11, which is pretty high.  But there were several reviews at the top of the list that were not great and while they have valid points I wish people could take themselves a little less seriously.  Just take the book for what it is, a YA love story and let yourself enjoy it.  It is well written and funny, and I cared about the characters and was drawn in to their story.  I over think a lot of things, but books are not one of them, and for that I am very thankful.

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Beth has read 1 book toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

No comments:

Post a Comment