Monday, January 5, 2015

Bethadilly Challenge Day 4

Day 4 {Red}

A rainy, dreary day, but who cares!  Because this was taken outside of the library where I got this...


Yes Please by Amy Poehler

This book was not what I was expecting.  I love Amy Poehler on Parks and Recreation, she is hilarious and a brilliant actress.  This book wasn't hilarious but that's ok because I don't think that's what she was going for.  It's more of a collection of essays than anything else and there are some funny parts and some brilliant parts.  It was so interesting that I read the entire book in one day, if that says anything about it.  If I had read any reviews, I probably would have had different expectations going in, but that would involve things like "thinking ahead" and "planning in advance" and that is just not going to happen.  All in all I really liked the book and would recommend it to anyone who likes Amy Poehler ... or books with cool covers.

Awesome quotes from the book:

“That is the motto women should constantly repeat over and over again. Good for her! Not for me.”  

“Telling me to relax or smile when I’m angry is like bringing a birthday cake into an ape sanctuary. You’re just asking to get your nose and genitals bitten off.”  

So this is number 1 of {hopefully} 52 books read this year.

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Beth has read 1 book toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

No comments:

Post a Comment