Sunday, February 1, 2015

New Recipes Week 2

New recipe for this week is from the book Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust by Ina Garten.
I made this...
 
Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
 
Who knew that boiling balsamic vinegar into a syrup would be so delicious?  (A lot of people, probably.) 
 
This was really good and super easy to make.  I used frozen brussels sprouts because it was easier and cheaper, but I like to think I made up for this by using actual prosciutto instead of bacon (prosciutto is expensive, ya'll). 
 
The kids ate this like they eat all other vegetables, only after being forced, threatened and cajoled.  But I could tell that deep down they really liked it even though they refused to admit it.  A mom just knows these things :)
 
This is definitely something I would make again.  Plus I'm thinking of using the balsamic reduction on everything else that I make, ever.  So I would say that this is definitely a winner!  Here's a link to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment